|About Hair Loss
Hair Loss in Women
Hair Loss in Men
Causes of Hair Loss
Hair Loss Treatment
Before & After Photos
Hair Loss Facts Versus Myths
Call (808) 988-0800
Facts About Men's Hair Loss
- As many as 50% of all men will have some degree of male
pattern baldness by age 50.
- The medical term for hair loss is alopecia, the most common
being androgenetic alopecia, or male pattern baldness.
- 95% of hair loss in men is genetically pre-determined.
- Medications may cause hair loss (such as some
anticoagulants, anti-depressants, and chemotherapy).
- DHT, or Dihydrotestosterone, causes most hair loss. DHT is
created naturally when the enzyme 5 alpha reductase combines
with your testosterone.
- It�s normal to lose up to 100 hairs a day. Excessive hair
washing, brushing or rubbing can add to this loss.
- Hair loss may at times signal an underlying medical problem,
like diabetes, lupus, or even ringworm.
- Some medicines, such as minoxidil (Rogaine) has been shown
to help male pattern baldness
- There are many causes of hair loss: genetic disposition,
excess stress, hypothyroidism, lack of circulation of the scalp,
hormone levels, harsh shampoos, and bad nutrition can all lead
to hair loss
If male pattern hair loss becomes an issue for you, there are
options. Talk to the highly trained and medical staff at HLCC for
treatment plans which will help stop your hair loss. You are not
alone. Less than 10% of men will speak about their hair loss to
Call for your free consultation today: 1-808-988-0800
Click Here For Video
"DHT and sebum plugs are major problems. I didn't
realize that caused my hair to thin. HLCC's products attack these
enemies and brings new life and shine to my hair!"